Python traded places with SQL to become the third most popular language. We continue to see evidence that people of color are underrepresented among professional developers.
Which tools do you use for installing packages?100+
Are there any features of the current HTML-based Simple API that you’ve been sorely missing and that you’d want to see implemented in the JSON-based API? Do nothing and continue serving package information with the Simple API using text/html as the content type.
Based on the survey respondents’ demographics, we can infer that the survey is somewhat representative of the overall programming community. However, it has fewer responses from programmers in non-English-speaking countries and women & non-binary genders. how to become a python developer Only about 8% of survey respondents who answered the question identify as women or non-binary. This number is lower than the overall percentage of women & non-binary genders in the programming community — which is estimated to be around 12%.
Making Python Better
It appears that every column contains some empty values since the Non-Null count for every column is lower than the total number of rows . We’ll need to deal with empty values and manually adjust the data type for each column on a case-by-case basis. Let’s begin by downloading the data, and listing the files within the dataset.
Perl moves from being the highest-paid language last year to the fifth highest-paid this year. Clojure developers have the highest median salary, 14k more than second place which belongs to F#.
Years coding professionally
We asked developers what works when it comes to finding work for themselves in 2021. Going remote in 2020 certainly made it hard for developers to maintain productivity, but now we have some hindsight on the matter. So, we figured it was the perfect time to ask developers and understand what it takes to be productive. Read on, as we reveal what roadblocks developers face in a remote setting.
- It’s a pity that this question isn’t followed with more detailed ones about the learning curve.
- Virtual machines are widely used by developers involved in DevOps, machine learning, and network programming (26-27%).
- Almost 25 thousand respondents belong to other online developer communities.
- Our goal is to equip all developers with the tools they need to get more done, faster — while enjoying themselves in the process.
- This is an engineer job to try and solve issue, and searching for knowledge about this issue is part of the process of solving it.
- Are there any features of the current HTML-based Simple API that you’ve been sorely missing and that you’d want to see implemented in the JSON-based API?